The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency helps make home ownership affordable for eligible home buyers in North Carolina - whether buying for the first time or moving up - with competitive financing and forgivable down payment assistance. If you are a first-time home buyer, you may also be eligible for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC).
In addition, persons who buy homes in certain targeted census tracts may be eligible for the MCC program, even if they are not first-time home buyers.
Eligible borrowers apply for the NC Home Advantage Mortgage™ and MCC programs through our Participating Lenders and must meet the requirements of the individual loan type - Conventional, FHA, VA, or USDA - in addition to N.C. Housing Finance Agency guidelines.
To learn more about our NC Home Advantage Mortgage™ and down payment assistance programs, visit our Home Buyer section.
Notice: Rates are subject to change without notification
- All loans are 30-year, fixed rate with 0 discount points
- APR is calculated using $123,000 loan amount, 1% origination fee*, 1 day’s interim interest)
- Lock-in Period = number of days rate will not change after lock-in
- DPA = down payment assistance from NCHFA
- $15,000 DPA available only in Cabarrus, Cumberland, Guilford, Johnston, Mecklenburg counties